Will serve as on-site UAS IO/AVO/MPO in support of US Army requirements. Additional duties will include emplacement / displacement / inspection and replenishment of other associated ground equipment as well as proper notation of logbooks and flight records. Perform as a Subject Matter Expert for operator related issues. Participate in site surveys and review conferences with customers. Practice ISO 9001. Primary duties will require extensive travel, both domestically and internationally including deployments and training exercises. Must possess or be able to acquire a secret security clearance.
Operational support of Army Tactical UAV System. Travel and deploy worldwide with military forces as required. Direct interface with customer. Work in groups or independently with minimal or no supervision. Will be required to work odd shifts, weekends, and/or extended hours. Responsible for data management and generation.
Practice ISO 9001 principles and concepts.
2 Year Degree or equivalent experience
Must be IO qualified through the Army IO course or have completed the DES equivalency course. Manned aviation or UAS operator experience is required. Prior qualification as a Shadow or other tactical UAS operator is highly desired. 2- 5 Years experience required.
Must be able to safely and effectively perform the duties of an IO/ AVO/MPO without supervision, including flight, ground equipment operator setup/maintenance and logs and records. Ability to coordinate flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management, and other aspects of flight operations. FAA licenses or certificates such as private pilot, commercial pilot, instrument rating, CFI, CFI-I are highly desirable. Basic computer skills are required. Must communicate effectively with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing, and possess strong leadership skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
- Ability to pass rigorous Medical / Dental pre-deployment screening per customer requirements.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs unassisted for short distances
- Ability to work in small, cramped spaces.
- This position is subect to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Ability to perform required job duties outdoors in conditions that may include extreme high and low temperatures, rain, snow, and high winds.
- This position is subject to noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand; walk, sit, clim, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
Hawk Aerospace and Logistic, LLC is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.