Mechanic II Sheet Metal
Hawk Aerospace and Logistic is seeking a Mechanic II Sheet Metal to perform the following duties:
- Will work under the guidance of an Aircraft Mechanic III,
- This individual will perform specialty requirements of an Aircraft Sheet Metal Worker installing and maintaining good repair of sheet metal equipment and fixtures. Work will involve planning, designing and laying out of all types of aviation sheet metal work from blueprints, models or other specifications, setting up and operating all available types of sheet metal working machines. The use of a variety of hand tools in cutting, bending, forming shaping, riveting, and assembling are required,
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty,
- Uses ULLSA logbook system and other computer based technical manuals.
- Maintain on time schedules for assigned projects,
- Must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/ mechanical engineers and customers alike,
- Make entries in aircraft logs and records,
- Physical abilities: Climbs on top of and down from aircraft using aircraft hand/foot holds, capable of lifting up to 25 lbs. overhead, on feet all day, walk up to 2 miles per day.Required Skills/Experience/Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed a military or vocational school in aircraft structural repair.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in aviation maintenance or 5 years verifiable RDT & E experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
- FAA A & P License
- Reset or Depot experience
- Army trained mechanic familiar with ULLSA
- Hawk Aerospace and Logistic offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status.