Structure/Sheet Metal Technician – Aviation Hawk Aerospace and Logistic
Hawk Aerospace and Logistic is a dynamic aerospace and defense systems company actively engaged in the development of integrated RF and C4ISR products for the U.S. and other governments. Hawk Aerospace and Logistic is a fast growing 6 year old company with two existing offices (Calgary Alberta and Brooksville Florida) which currently employs 40+ engineering, management, and administrative personnel.
POSITION TITLE: Structures/Sheet Metal Technician
SUMMARY OF POSITION/ POSITION DUTIES:
1. Reports to Lead.
2. Accomplish all facets of aircraft sheet metal and structural repair, maintenance, modification and component installation.
3. Disassemble, repair, and fabrication of complex structural items and mechanical assemblies.
4. Plan, lay-out, fabricate and install structural mechanical modifications and/ or assemblies.
5. Interpret engineering drawings and Task Travelers.
6. Experienced at laying out hole patterns, drilling, riveting, Hi-Lok installations and removals, and use of all power tools necessary for performing the required tasks.
7. Accomplish assembly of mechanical assemblies per Engineering drawings and Task Travelers.
8. Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignments.
9. Fabrication, utilize and maintain tooling drill jigs and assembly jigs.
10. Perform cutting, trimming, sanding, and installation of composite materials.
11. Utilize sealants, and anti-corrosion materials for applications on aluminum materials.
12. Work with heavy sheet metal performing different structural tasks such as pick-up holes and rework such as removing, replacing or realigning ribs, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, fittings in completed skinned door and/ or POD assemblies.
13. Fabricate detailed parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angle brackets, doublers, stiffeners and patches as well as using shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation
QUALIFICATIONS: Pending Aircraft Technicians License (S, M, E or A&P) with 5-8 years experience with applicable supporting references.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Based upon qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time