Website Hawk Aerospaec and Logistic
The Tool Room Attendant shall order, receive, issue, secure, and maintain the inventory of all tools, special equipment and tool containers IAW the tool control program. Tool room attendants shall ensure tools and equipment are sent to test, repair, or calibration; and make minor repairs to tools, as needed, IAW the tool control program. Shall maintain tool records in accordance with CNAFINST 4790.2 series and applicable instructions.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Receives, stocks, controls, and inventories tools, and support equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Issues tools, test equipment, test measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE) and support equipment from the tool room, and maintains strict accountability.
- Performs preventative and minor maintenance on tools and support equipment.
- Ensures tools and support equipment is clean, oiled, and serviceable.
- Marks and identifies tools and equipment for quick inventory.
- Ensures tools and equipment are sent to test, repair or calibration.
- Performs equipment custodian duties and manages the custodian authorization/custody receipt listing (CA/CRL).
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
- May perform other duties related to the classification as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to maintain necessary work flow, pass internal and external audits of work center, possess a high degree of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of aircraft log books, maintenance records, applicable maintenance/technical manuals.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Knowledge of applicable government documents, directives, and technical orders preferred.
- May occasionally handle items that weigh in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flight-line driver’s license.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of one year recent experience working with tool inventory control, materials management, or related property management function in maintenance capacity.
- Graduation from high school or GED required.
- Must be able to meet any government/company licensing/qualification requirements for the position.
- Experience in UH-60, CH-47, AH-64, F-18 (A-F models), E-2C, F-16 and/or MH-60 strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Work may be required in aircraft hangar and shop areas.
- Primarily working in a maintenance shop environment with exposure to noise hazards.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials.
- Duties that may require occasional kneeling, standing, stooping and bending are required. Required lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and keyboard input.
- Must be able to work day shift, swing shift, night shift, and/or weekend shift as required.
- As required by work and customer specifications. May require travel in support of detachments of unknown duration.
Aviation / Support (Full-time)